House Bill No. 228
Introduced By _______________________________________________________________________________
A Bill for an Act entitled: "An Act providing appropriations to the department of public health and human services for distribution to Indian health clinics; and providing an effective date."
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Montana:
NEW SECTION. Section 1. Appropriation. On July 1, 1997, and on July 1, 1998, there is appropriated from the general fund to the department of public health and human services $150,000 for distribution as a grant of $30,000 to each of the following Indian health care providers:
(1) Leo Pocha clinic, Helena;
(2) Indian health clinic of the Native American center, Great Falls;
(3) Missoula Indian center, Missoula;
(4) Billings Indian health board, Billings; and
(5) Northern American Indian health alliance, Butte.
NEW SECTION. Section 2. Coordination instruction. If House Bill No. 126 is passed and approved and if it includes an appropriation for Indian health clinics, then [this act] is void.
NEW SECTION. Section 3. Effective date. [This act] is effective July 1, 1997.