House Bill No. 298
Introduced By _______________________________________________________________________________
A Bill for an Act entitled: "An Act providing for 2-year terms for members of the Health Care Advisory Council; providing that a member may serve three terms; extending the termination provision for the Health Care Advisory Council to the year 2001; amending section
50-4-203, MCA, and Section 25, Chapter 378, Laws of 1995; and providing an immediate effective date."
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Montana:
Section 1. Section 50-4-203, MCA, is amended to read:
"50-4-203. (Temporary) Health care advisory council. (1) There is a health care advisory council.
(2) The health care advisory council is composed of 10 members.
The members must be selected by May 1, 1995.
(a) There are four legislative members. Two members must be selected by the president of the senate from a pool of applicants from the senate, one representing each party. Two members must be selected by the speaker of the house from a pool of applicants from the house of representatives, one representing each party.
(b) There are five members, each representing a health care planning region as provided in 50-4-403, selected by the governor from a pool of applicants.
(c) There is one member representing the executive branch of government, appointed by the governor.
(3) Legislators and members who represent health care planning regions and who want to serve on the health care advisory council shall apply to the president of the senate, speaker of the house, or governor, respectively, for a position on the council. The application must include:
(a) a statement of the reason that the person wishes to serve on the council;
(b) the experience that qualifies the person to serve; and
(c) a statement of the person's willingness to commit the substantial time required to serve on the council.
(4) The members of the health care advisory council shall elect a presiding officer from among the members.
(5) A vacancy on the health care advisory council must be filled in the same manner as the original appointment.
(6) Each member shall serve a term of 2 years. A member may not serve more than three terms.
(Terminates June 30,
1997 2001 --sec. 25, Ch. 378, L. 1995.)"
Section 2. Section 25, Chapter 378, Laws of 1995, is amended to read:
"Section 25. Termination. [Sections 1, 2(4), and 3 through 8] terminate June 30,
NEW SECTION. Section 3. Effective date. [This act] is effective on passage and approval.