House Bill No. 496
Introduced By feland
A Bill for an Act entitled: An Act allowing employees of county hospitals or rest homes in certain classes of counties to not become members of the public employees' retirement system; amending section
19-3-412, MCA; and providing an immediate effective date.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Montana:
Section 1. Section 19-3-412, MCA, is amended to read:
"19-3-412. Optional membership. The following employees in covered employment may become members of the retirement system at their option at any time during their employment in a covered position by filing a membership card with the board:
(1) elected officials of the state or local governments who are paid on a salary or wage basis rather than on a per diem or other reimbursement basis;
(2) part-time employees serving in employment that does not exceed the equivalent of 120 working days in any fiscal year;
(3) employees directly appointed by the governor;
(4) employees working 6 months or less for the legislative branch to perform work related to the legislative session;
(5) the chief administrative officer of any city or county;
(6) employees of county hospitals or rest homes in counties of the
sixth- and seventh-class counties third, fourth, fifth,
sixth, and seventh class."
Section 2. Effective date. [This act] is effective on passage and approval.