Senate Rule S10-140. Secretary of the Senate and duties. The Secretary of the Senate works under the direction of the President. The responsibilities of the Secretary of the Senate include:
(1) performing the duties prescribed by law or other provisions of these rules;
(2) serving as parliamentary advisor to the Senate;
(3) compiling and maintaining the calendar for approval by the President;
(4) keeping the leadership informed on the progress and workload of the Senate;
(5) transmitting bills with appropriate messages to the House of Representatives as instructed by action of the Senate;
(6) keeping and maintaining records of the Senate; and
(7) supervision of the Senate employees, except as otherwise provided.