37-27-312. Screening procedures. In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria for client screening established by the board pursuant to 37-27-105, a direct-entry midwife shall recommend that patients secure the following services by an appropriate health care provider:
(1) the standard serological test, as defined in 50-19-101, for women seeking prenatal care;
(2) screening for human immunodeficiency virus, when appropriate;
(3) maternal serum alpha-fetoprotein test and ultrasound, upon request;
(4) Rh antibody and glucose screening at 28 weeks' gestation, upon request;
(5) nonstress testing by a fetal monitor of a fetus at greater than 42 1/2 weeks' gestation or if other reasons indicate the testing;
(6) screening for phenylketonuria;
(7) Rh screening of the infant for RhoGAM treatment if the mother is Rh negative; and
(8) screening for premature labor and other risk factors.
History: En. Sec. 20, Ch. 550, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 351, L. 2001.