2017 Montana Legislature
Additional Bill Links PDF (with line numbers)
HOUSE BILL NO. 157
INTRODUCED BY F. MANDEVILLE
A BILL FOR AN ACT ENTITLED: "AN ACT REMOVING RESTRICTIONS ON POSSESSION OF DOMESTICALLY BRED FOXES; PROVIDING DEFINITIONS; AND AMENDING SECTION 50-23-101, MCA."
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Section 50-23-101, MCA, is amended to read:
"50-23-101. Definitions. Unless the context requires otherwise, in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Department of livestock" means the department of livestock provided for in Title 2, chapter 15, part 31.
(2) "Department of public health and human services" means the department of public health and human services provided for in 2-15-2201.
(3) "Person" means an individual, group of individuals, partnership, corporation, firm, or association.
(4) (a) "Wild animal" means a skunk, fox WILD FOX, FERAL FOX, raccoon, or bat. Other species of normally nondomesticated animals known to be capable of transmitting rabies may be added to this list through the adoption of rules by the department of public health and human services, with the approval of the department of livestock.
(b) The term does not include a DOMESTIC fox born and raised in captivity.
(5) FOR PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION, THE FOLLOWING DEFINITIONS APPLY:
(A) "DOMESTIC FOX" MEANS A FOX THAT IS OWNED BY A PERSON AND HAS BEEN BORN AND RAISED IN CAPTIVITY.
(B) "FERAL FOX" MEANS A DOMESTIC FOX OR A PROGENY OF A DOMESTIC FOX THAT HAS ESCAPED OR BEEN RELEASED FROM CAPTIVITY AND IS RUNNING AT LARGE AND UNRESTRAINED ON PUBLIC OR PRIVATE LAND.
(C) "WILD FOX" MEANS A FOX THAT HAS NOT BEEN REDUCED TO CAPTIVITY AND IS NOT OWNED BY A PERSON."
- END -
Latest Version of HB 157 (HB0157.02)
Processed for the Web on February 15, 2017 (5:40pm)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted.
See the status of this bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill | 2017 Legislature | Leg. Branch Home
All versions of all bills (PDF format)
Authorized print version of this bill w/line numbers (PDF format)
[ NEW SEARCH ]
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services