2017 Montana Legislature
Additional Bill Links PDF (with line numbers)
HOUSE BILL NO. 315
INTRODUCED BY J. ESSMANN
A BILL FOR AN ACT ENTITLED: "AN ACT REVISING LAWS RELATED TO DISCOUNTED HUNTING AND FISHING LICENSES AVAILABLE TO NONRESIDENT RELATIVES OF RESIDENTS; RENAMING THE LICENSES; AUTHORIZING THE SALE OF ELK-ONLY COMBINATION LICENSES; REVISING FEES; PROVIDING RULEMAKING AUTHORITY; AMENDING SECTION 87-2-514, MCA; AND PROVIDING AN IMMEDIATE EFFECTIVE DATE AND A TERMINATION DATE."
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Section 87-2-514, MCA, is amended to read:
"87-2-514. Nonresident Montana-born relative of resident allowed to purchase nonresident licenses at reduced cost -- definitions. (1) For the purposes of this section, the following definitions apply:
(a) "Nonresident "Montana-born relative of a resident" means a person born in Montana who is the natural or adoptive child, sibling, or parent of a resident but is not a resident.
(b) "Resident" means a resident as defined in 87-2-102.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, a nonresident Montana-born relative of a resident who meets the qualifications of subsection (5) may purchase a Class B nonresident fishing license at one-half the cost and the following at one-half one-quarter the cost:
(a) a Class B nonresident fishing license;
(b)(a) a Class B-1 nonresident upland game bird license;
(c)(b) one of the following:
(i) a Class B-10 nonresident big game combination license; and
(d)(ii) a Class B-11 nonresident deer combination license; or
(iii) a nonresident elk-only combination license.
(3) The nonresident Montana-born relative of a resident shall also purchase a nonresident wildlife conservation license as prescribed in 87-2-202 and a nonresident base hunting license as prescribed in 87-2-116 if the nonresident Montana-born relative of a resident purchases a hunting license.
(4) Class B-10 and Class B-11 licenses sold pursuant to subsection (2) are not included in the limit on the number of available Class B-10 and Class B-11 licenses issued pursuant to 87-2-505 and 87-2-510. Nonresident elk-only combination licenses sold pursuant to subsection (2) are in addition to nonresident elk-only combination licenses available for sale pursuant to 87-2-511.
(5) To qualify for a license pursuant to subsection (2), a nonresident Montana-born relative of a resident shall apply at any department regional office or at the department's state office in Helena and present proof of the following:
(a) a birth certificate verifying the applicant's birth in Montana or documentation that the applicant was born to parents who were residents at the time of birth;
(b) evidence that the person previously held a Montana resident hunting or fishing license or has passed a hunter safety course in Montana pursuant to 87-2-105; and
(c) proof that the applicant is a nonresident Montana-born relative of a resident.
(6) Of the fee paid for a hunting license purchased pursuant to subsection (2), 28.5% must be deposited in the account established in 87-1-290."
NEW SECTION. Section 2. Effective date. [This act] is effective on passage and approval.
NEW SECTION. Section 3. Termination. [This act] terminates February 29, 2020.
- END -
Latest Version of HB 315 (HB0315.01)
Processed for the Web on January 25, 2017 (4:20pm)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted.
See the status of this bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill | 2017 Legislature | Leg. Branch Home
All versions of all bills (PDF format)
Authorized print version of this bill w/line numbers (PDF format)
[ NEW SEARCH ]
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services