2017 Montana Legislature
Additional Bill Links PDF version
HOUSE BILL NO. 347
INTRODUCED BY D. JONES, A. HERTZ, J. KNOKEY, W. MCKAMEY
AN ACT REVISING SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST OR AUDIOLOGIST LICENSING LAWS; PROVIDING FOR A LIMITED SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST OR AUDIOLOGIST LICENSE; REVISING FEE REFERENCES; PROVIDING RULEMAKING AUTHORITY; AMENDING SECTIONS 37-15-301, 37-15-303, AND 37-15-307, MCA; AND PROVIDING AN IMMEDIATE EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Section 37-15-301, MCA, is amended to read:
"37-15-301. License required. (1) A license must be issued to qualified persons either in speech-language pathology or audiology. A person may be licensed in both areas if the person meets the respective qualifications, and in those instances, the license fee must be as though for one license.
(2) A person may not practice or represent to the public that the person is a speech-language pathologist or audiologist in this state unless the person is licensed in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.
(3) The board may issue a limited license to qualified individuals engaged in supervised professional experience, as defined by board rule."
Section 2. Section 37-15-303, MCA, is amended to read:
"37-15-303. Qualifications. (1) To be eligible for licensing by the board as a speech-language pathologist or audiologist, the applicant:
(a) must meet the current academic, supervised clinical practicum, and postclassroom sponsored employment supervised professional experience requirements as defined by board rule;
(b) shall pass an examination approved by the board.
(2) The board shall determine the subject and scope of the examination.
(3) The standards defined by the board must be equal to or greater than the standards generally accepted as the national norm."
Section 3. Section 37-15-307, MCA, is amended to read:
"37-15-307. Application and examination fee -- license fee -- registration fee. The board shall determine the amount of fees prescribed in connection with, which may be adjusted annually by rule, that are necessary to meet costs and projected expenditures for:
(1) a renewed license as a speech-language pathologist or audiologist;
(2) a limited license for a person engaged in supervised professional experience;
(3) an initial application for a license or registration;
(4) examinations; and with
(5) registration as a speech-language pathology aide or assistant or audiology aide or assistant must be determined by the board each year based on costs and predicted expenditures."
Section 4. Effective date. [This act] is effective on passage and approval.
- END -
Version of HB 347 (HB0347.ENR)
Processed for the Web on March 14, 2017 (6:30pm)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted.
See the status of this bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill | 2017 Legislature | Leg. Branch
All versions of all bills (PDF format)
Authorized print version of this bill (PDF format)
[ NEW SEARCH ]
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services