About Bill -- Links
HOUSE BILL NO. 254
INTRODUCED BY R. SOMERVILLE
AN ACT CLARIFYING THE POWERS OF THE MONTANA MINT COMMITTEE TO CONTRACT TO PROMOTE RESEARCH OF AND MARKET DEVELOPMENT FOR MINT; AMENDING SECTION 80-11-403, MCA; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Section 80-11-403, MCA, is amended to read:
"80-11-403. Powers of the committee. The committee may:
(1) provide for the administration and enforcement of this part;
(2) enter into contracts
, in the name of the committee, to: (a) improve the quality of mint; (b) develop and improve control measures for diseases and pests that attack mint; (c) improve mint growing culture; (d) disseminate appropriate information among mint growers and dealers of the state; and (e) or agreements with units of the Montana university system and other local, state, or national organizations, public or
private, for purposes of:
(a) improving mint quality;
(b) increasing the efficiency of production;
(c) developing marketing knowledge;
(d) developing markets;
(e) determining new uses for mint;
(f) developing alternative crops compatible with mint;
(g) carrying out all research and marketing contemplated by this part; and
carry carrying out the purposes of this part;
(3) authorize the purchase of office equipment and supplies and incur other reasonable and necessary expenses and obligations required to carry out this part;
(4) become a member of and purchase membership in trade organizations and subscribe to and purchase trade bulletins, journals, and other trade publications;
(5) adopt rules and orders for the exercise of its power and the performance of its duties in accordance with the Montana Administrative Procedure Act;
(6) cooperate with any local, state, or national organization or agency, whether voluntary or created by the law of any state or the United States, engaged in work or activities similar to the work and activities of the committee and enter into contracts with those organizations or agencies for conducting joint campaigns of research, education, disease control, product protection, and reciprocal enforcement of objectives;
(7) accept grants, donations, and gifts from any source for expenditure for any purpose consistent with this part and spend the proceeds in compliance with the conditions of the grants, donations, and gifts; and
(8) establish by rule an integrated pest management program, complete with field scouting services. The purpose of the program is to identify, as early as possible, any potentially damaging diseases, weeds, or pests that could inhibit the long-term health of the Montana mint industry."
Section 2. Effective date. [This act] is effective July 1, 1999.
- END -
Latest Version of HB 254 (HB0254.ENR)
Processed for the Web on March 31, 1999 (1:48PM)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted. See the status of the bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill | 1999 Session | Leg. Branch Home
This bill in WP 5.1 | All versions of all bills in WP 5.1
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services