10-2-403. Eligibility for residence in home. To be eligible for residence in a Montana veterans' home under rules prescribed by the department of public health and human services, a person must be a veteran or the spouse or surviving spouse of a veteran. Consideration must also be given to:
(1) the person's age;
(2) the person's physical and mental status;
(3) the person's ability or inability to locate suitable alternative accommodations;
(4) the person's term of residence in Montana;
(5) the person's gender as it relates to availability of appropriate living space;
(6) the ability of the Montana veterans' home to meet the person's needs; and
(7) other admission requirements established by the department.
History: En. Sec. 22, Ch. 199, L. 1965; amd. Sec. 41, Ch. 535, L. 1975; R.C.M. 1947, 80-1803; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 469, L. 1983; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 609, L. 1989; amd. Sec. 13, Ch. 683, L. 1989; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 262, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 38, Ch. 546, L. 1995.