13-37-108. Commissioner of political practices -- restrictions. During the commissioner's term of office, the commissioner may not knowingly, as defined in 45-2-101:
(1) hold another position of public trust or engage in any other occupation or business if the position of public trust or the other occupation or business interferes with or is inconsistent with the commissioner executing the duties of the commissioner's office;
(2) engage in any other occupation or business during the business hours of the commissioner's office unless the commissioner is in a leave status from the office;
(3) participate in any political activity or in a political campaign;
(4) make a contribution to a candidate or political committee or for or against a ballot issue or engage in any activity that is primarily intended to support or oppose a candidate, political committee, or ballot issue;
(5) attend an event that is held for the purpose of raising funds for or against a candidate, political committee, or ballot issue;
(6) participate in a matter pertaining to the commissioner's office that:
(a) is a conflict of interest or results in the appearance of a conflict of interest between public duty and private interest pursuant to Title 2, chapter 2; or
(b) involves a relative of the commissioner.
History: En. Sec. 2, Ch. 479, L. 2005; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 234, L. 2013.