2-15-1749. Board of occupational therapy practice. (1) There is a board of occupational therapy practice.
(2) The board consists of five members appointed by the governor. The members are:
(a) three occupational therapists licensed under Title 37, chapter 24, who are actively engaged in the practice or teaching of occupational therapy; and
(b) two members of the general public with an interest in the rights of the consumers of health services.
(3) The Montana occupational therapy association may submit names of nominees under subsection (2)(a) of this section to the governor as provided in 37-1-132.
(4) Each appointment is subject to confirmation by the senate then meeting in regular session or next meeting in regular session following appointment.
(5) Members shall serve staggered 4-year terms. A term begins on the first day of the calendar year and ends on the last day of the calendar year or when a successor is appointed. A member who has served two successive complete terms is not eligible for reappointment until after 1 year.
(6) The governor may, after hearing, remove a member for neglect of duty or other just cause.
(7) The board is allocated to the department of labor and industry for administrative purposes only as prescribed in 2-15-121.
History: En. Sec. 5, Ch. 629, L. 1985; amd. Sec. 13, Ch. 483, L. 2001; Sec. 2-15-1859, MCA 1999; redes. 2-15-1749 by Sec. 221(2), Ch. 483, L. 2001.