2-15-3404. Fish, wildlife, and parks crimestoppers board. (1) There is a fish, wildlife, and parks crimestoppers board.
(2) (a) The board consists of five members, four of whom are appointed by the director of the department of fish, wildlife, and parks as follows:
(i) a person within the department responsible for the enforcement of fish and wildlife laws;
(ii) a member of a hunter's, angler's, or conservation group;
(iii) a member who is actively engaged in agricultural production; and
(iv) a member of the public with an interest in parks and recreation.
(b) The fifth member is a member of the fish and wildlife commission who must be designated by the commission.
(3) The board shall elect a presiding officer from its members.
(4) A member must be appointed for a term of 2 years and may be reappointed.
(5) (a) A vacancy must be filled within 14 days of occurrence in the same manner as the original appointment.
(b) A vacancy does not impair the right of the remaining members to exercise the powers of the board.
(6) The board is allocated to the department of fish, wildlife, and parks for administrative purposes only as provided in 2-15-121.
History: En. Sec. 7, Ch. 305, L. 1985; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 28, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 393, L. 1997; amd. Sec. 7, Ch. 235, L. 2013.