2-4-313. Distribution, costs, maintenance, and fees. (1) The secretary of state shall distribute copies of the ARM and supplements or revisions to the ARM to the following in an electronic format unless a hard copy is requested:
(a) attorney general, one copy;
(b) clerk of United States district court for the district of Montana, one copy;
(c) clerk of United States court of appeals for the ninth circuit, one copy;
(d) county commissioners or governing body of each county of this state, for use of county officials and the public, at least one but not more than two copies, which may be maintained in a public library in the county seat or in the county offices as the county commissioners or governing body of the county may determine;
(e) state law library, one copy;
(f) state historical society, one copy;
(g) each unit of the Montana university system, one copy;
(h) law library of the university of Montana-Missoula, one copy;
(i) legislative services division, two copies;
(j) library of congress, one copy;
(k) state library, one copy.
(2) The secretary of state, each county in the state, and the librarians for the state law library and the university of Montana-Missoula law library shall maintain a complete, current set of the ARM, including supplements or revisions to the ARM. The designated persons shall also maintain the register issues published during the preceding 2 years. The secretary of state shall maintain a permanent set of the registers. An entity required by this section to maintain a copy or set of the ARM and supplements or revisions to it and a copy of the register complies with this section if it provides access to an electronic version of the current ARM and the current year's issues of the register or the current year's issue and register archives for the prescribed period of time.
(3) The secretary of state shall make printed or electronic copies of and subscriptions to the ARM and supplements or revisions to the ARM and the register available to any person for a fee set in accordance with subsection (6). Fees are not refundable.
(4) The secretary of state may charge agencies a filing fee for all material to be published in the ARM or the register.
(5) In addition to the fees authorized by 2-4-311 and 2-4-312 and other fees authorized by this section, the secretary of state may charge fees for internet or other computer-based services requested by state agencies, groups, or individuals.
(6) The secretary of state shall set and deposit the fees authorized in this section in accordance with 2-15-405.
History: En. Sec. 6, Ch. 2, Ex. L. 1971; amd. Sec. 11, Ch. 285, L. 1977; R.C.M. 1947, 82-4206(5) thru (8), (10), (11); amd. Sec. 11, Ch. 243, L. 1979; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 163, L. 1983; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 277, L. 1983; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 397, L. 1985; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 580, L. 1987; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 6, Sp. L. January 1992; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 411, L. 1993; amd. sec. 36, Ch. 308, L. 1995; amd. Sec. 5, Ch. 42, L. 1997; amd. Sec. 10, Ch. 19, L. 1999; amd. Sec. 5, Ch. 396, L. 2001; amd. Sec. 4, Ch. 88, L. 2007; amd. Sec. 4, Ch. 303, L. 2009.