20-25-305. President -- powers and duties. Subject to the supervision of the regents, the president of each of the units of the system:
(1) is responsible for the immediate direction, management, and control of the respective units, including instruction, practical affairs, and scientific investigations;
(2) is the president of the general faculty and of the special faculties of the departments or colleges and the executive head of the unit in all its departments;
(3) has the duties of one of the professorships as long as the interests of the unit require it;
(4) shall perform the duties of corresponding secretary for the unit;
(5) may offer multiyear contracts to athletic coaches;
(6) shall make an annual report to the regents containing any information that they may request; and
(7) shall furnish any special report on request of the regents or the legislature.
History: En. 75-8512 by Sec. 41, Ch. 2, L. 1971; R.C.M. 1947, 75-8512; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 139, L. 2005.