20-4-502. Definitions. For purposes of this part, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Education cooperative" means a cooperative of Montana public schools as described in 20-7-451.
(2) "Educational loans" means all loans made pursuant to a federal loan program, except federal parent loans for undergraduate students (PLUS) loans, as provided in 20 U.S.C. 1078-2.
(3) "Federal loan program" means educational loans authorized by 20 U.S.C. 1071, et seq., 20 U.S.C. 1087a, et seq., and 20 U.S.C. 1087aa, et seq.
(4) (a) "Quality educator" means a full-time equivalent educator, as reported to the superintendent of public instruction for accreditation purposes in the current school year, who:
(i) holds a valid certificate under the provisions of 20-4-106 and is employed by an entity listed in subsection (4)(b) in a position that requires an educator license in accordance with administrative rules adopted by the board of public education; or
(ii) is a licensed professional under 37-8-405, 37-8-415, 37-11-301, 37-15-301, 37-17-302, 37-22-301, 37-23-201, 37-24-301, or 37-25-302 and is employed by an entity listed in subsection (4)(b) of this section to provide services to students.
(b) For purposes of subsection (4)(a), an entity means:
(i) a school district;
(ii) an education cooperative;
(iii) the Montana school for the deaf and blind, as described in 20-8-101;
(iv) the Montana youth challenge program; and
(v) a state youth correctional facility, as defined in 41-5-103.
(5) "School district" means a public school district, as provided in 20-6-101 and 20-6-701.
History: En. Sec. 2, Ch. 1, Sp. L. May 2007; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 59, L. 2009.