20-5-402. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Department" means the department of public health and human services provided for in 2-15-2201.
(2) "Governing authority" means the board of trustees of a school district or the administrator of a private school, preschool, or postsecondary school.
(3) "Immunization" means induction of a state of resistance to a disease through administration of an immunizing agent.
(4) "Local health department" means a city, city-county, county, or district health department.
(5) "Local health officer" means a city, city-county, county, or district health officer.
(6) "Postsecondary school" means a community college, a unit of the Montana university system, or a private university or college.
(7) "Preschool" means a place or facility that provides, on a regular basis and as its primary purpose, educational instruction designed for children 5 years of age or younger and that:
(a) serves no child under 5 years of age for more than 3 hours a day; and
(b) serves no child 5 years of age for more than 6 hours a day.
(8) "School" means a place or institution for the teaching of individuals, the curriculum of which is composed of the work of:
(a) any combination of kindergarten through grade 12;
(b) a postsecondary school; or
(c) a preschool.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 147, L. 1979; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 644, L. 1989; amd. Sec. 12, Ch. 308, L. 1995; amd. Sec. 47, Ch. 418, L. 1995; amd. Sec. 66, Ch. 546, L. 1995.