23-4-104. Duties of board. The board shall adopt rules to govern race meets and the parimutuel system. These rules shall include the following:
(3) supervision of the parimutuel system;
(4) corrupt practices;
(5) supervision, duties, and responsibilities of the executive secretary, presiding steward, racing secretary, and other racing officials;
(6) licensing of all personnel who have anything to do with the substantive operation of racing;
(7) the establishment of dates for race meets and meetings in the best interests of breeding and racing in this state;
(8) the veterinary practices and standards that must be observed in connection with race meets;
(9) absolute responsibility of trainers for the condition of horses and mules, regardless of the acts of third parties;
(10) licensing or renewal of a license of a person whose license has been suspended by the board or another horseracing jurisdiction;
(11) setting license fees commensurate with the cost of issuing a license;
(12) the time, conduct, and supervision of simulcast races and fantasy sports leagues and parimutuel betting on simulcast races and fantasy sports leagues;
(13) licensing, approval, and regulation of simulcast facilities; and
(14) licensing, approval, and regulation of match bronc rides and wild horse rides.
History: En. Sec. 5, Ch. 196, L. 1965; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 216, L. 1967; amd. Sec. 16, Ch. 350, L. 1974; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 533, L. 1977; R.C.M. 1947, 62-505(part); amd. Sec. 5, Ch. 563, L. 1983; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 192, L. 1989; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 557, L. 1989; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 9, L. 2007; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 387, L. 2007.