30-17-101. Electronic directory of Montana products. (1) (a) The department of commerce shall provide an electronic directory on the internet of Montana businesses that market products qualifying as made in Montana or grown in Montana, as described in subsection (5).
(b) The department may make a decision on the appropriateness of listing a business on the electronic directory based upon the content or use of the products offered by the business.
(2) (a) The electronic directory may be compiled from eligible businesses that have contacted the department of commerce and that have agreed to be listed electronically on the internet. Agreement by a company also means that the company grants permission for inclusion on a distribution list pursuant to 2-6-1017(1).
(b) The department of commerce is not responsible for listing a company if that company has not contacted the department, has not agreed to a listing pursuant to subsection (2), or does not qualify as having products made in Montana or grown in Montana.
(3) The electronic directory may contain information allowing a potential customer to access directly a business listed in the directory by telephone, mail, or electronic links if the business works with the department of commerce to facilitate and maintain direct access.
(4) The department of commerce may not process orders for a business listed in the electronic directory and is not responsible for handling customer questions or complaints on behalf of a business listed in the electronic directory.
(5) For the purposes of this section, a product is considered made in Montana or grown in Montana if the product has 50% or greater value-added within the state.
(6) For the purposes of this section, "value-added" means a finished product that has been created, made, produced, or enhanced in Montana by Montana residents resulting in a 50% or greater value-added product.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 173, L. 2005; amd. Sec. 50, Ch. 348, L. 2015.