35-16-207. Bylaws -- contents. The bylaws, where no other provision is specially made, may provide for:
(1) the time, place, and manner of calling and conducting meetings of stockholders or members;
(2) the number of stockholders or members or quantity of units of membership in acres, lands, or production, as shall constitute a quorum;
(3) the mode of voting at stockholder's meetings and the method of voting by proxy, provided that the same shall not be inconsistent with any of the provisions hereof or the laws of this state;
(4) the number of directors of the corporation or district and the time of the annual election of directors and the mode and manner of giving notice thereof;
(5) the officers, the manner of their election, their duties, and tenure;
(6) the directors having the power to sell, lease, mortgage, hypothecate, or otherwise dispose of the corporate assets of the corporation or district or any part thereof, as distinguished from membership lands;
(7) the manner of creating subdivisions or subdistricts, by geographical location or otherwise, for local groups or subdivisions of the corporation or district, as may promote the objects of the corporation or district generally or the welfare of the membership in the particular subdivision or subdistrict; and may provide for local boards of directors or executive committees representing the board of directors to manage the affairs of the subdivision or subdistrict thus created, subject to the direction and approval of the board of directors of the corporation or district.
History: En. Sec. 2, Art. 2, Ch. 152, L. 1921; re-en. Sec. 6407, R.C.M. 1921; re-en. Sec. 6407, R.C.M. 1935; R.C.M. 1947, 14-311.