35-4-109. Definitions. As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Disqualified person" means any natural person, corporation, partnership, fiduciary, trust, association, government agency, or other entity that for any reason is or becomes ineligible under this chapter to own shares issued by a professional corporation.
(2) "Foreign professional corporation" means a corporation for profit organized for the purpose of rendering professional services under a law other than the laws of this state, including the laws of a federally recognized Indian tribe.
(3) "Licensing authority" means an officer, board, agency, court, or other authority in this state that has the power to issue a license or other legal authorization to render a professional service.
(4) "Professional corporation" or "domestic professional corporation" means a corporation for profit subject to the provisions of this chapter, except a foreign professional corporation.
(5) "Professional service" means any service that may lawfully be rendered only by persons licensed under a licensing law of this state and that may not lawfully be rendered by a corporation organized under the Montana Business Corporation Act.
(6) "Qualified person" means a natural person, general partnership, or professional corporation eligible under this chapter to own shares issued by a professional corporation.
History: En. Sec. 2, Ch. 399, L. 1983; amd. Sec. 16, Ch. 280, L. 2015.