7-12-1131. Powers of board in administering district. The board in administering a district has all powers necessary to carry out the functions of the district contained in the ordinance creating it, including the power to:
(1) sue and be sued, enter into contracts, and hire and terminate personnel needed for its purposes;
(2) provide special police, maintenance, or cleaning personnel for the protection and enjoyment of the general public using the business district;
(3) landscape and beautify public areas and to maintain those areas;
(4) contract with the governing body to maintain, operate, or repair public parking facilities;
(5) contract with the governing body to maintain streets, alleys, malls, bridges, ramps, tunnels, landscaping, and other public facilities as mutually agreed upon;
(6) promote private investment and business expansion in the district;
(7) provide for the management and administration of the affairs of the district;
(8) promote business activity by advertising, decorating, marketing, and promoting and managing events and other actions designed for the general promotion of business activities in the district; and
(9) perform such other functions as are necessary to carry out the purposes of this part and to further the objectives of the district.
History: En. Sec. 13, Ch. 656, L. 1985.