90-1-160. Purpose. The purposes of 90-1-160 through 90-1-164 and 90-1-167 through 90-1-169 are to:
(1) assist the state and local governments in identifying, protecting, and promoting heritage and cultural tourism resources;
(2) further support local preservation programs and encourage participation in the Montana historical society Montana-certified local government program, provided for in 90-1-168;
(3) enhance the ability of localities and agencies to exhibit and advertise the heritage and cultural tourism resources of the state;
(4) stimulate business investment, assist in retaining existing small businesses, and promote new businesses related to heritage and cultural tourism;
(5) strengthen the local tax base;
(6) create employment opportunities for the people of the state; and
(7) generally enhance the economic viability of communities and regions of the state.
History: En. Sec. 4, Ch. 217, L. 2007.