90-6-133. Housing Montana fund -- administration. (1) (a) There is a housing Montana fund in the housing authority enterprise fund provided for in 90-6-107. The money in the fund is allocated to the board for the purpose of providing loans to eligible applicants.
(b) Money in the housing Montana fund must be disbursed as loans. Twenty percent of the money in the fund must be disbursed to rural areas based on population, and 50% must be disbursed to assist people living on incomes of not more than 50% of the local median family income.
(2) (a) Except as provided in subsection (2)(b), money deposited in the fund must be used for the program authorized in 90-6-134 and may not be used to pay the expenses of any other program or service administered by the board.
(b) Money transferred to the account pursuant to section 2, Chapter 502, Laws of 2001, may be used only for the purposes authorized by the temporary assistance for needy families block grant pursuant to Title IV of the Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. 601, et seq.
(3) The board may determine the rate of interest to be charged for any loan made under the provisions of 90-6-131 through 90-6-136.
(4) The board may accept contributions, gifts, and grants for deposit into the fund. The money must be used in accordance with the provisions of 90-6-134.
(5) The costs incurred by the board in administering the fund may be paid from the fund.
(6) Interest and principal on loans from the fund must be repaid to the fund.
(7) Interest income generated by investment of the principal of the fund is retained in the fund.
History: En. Sec. 3, Ch. 312, L. 1999; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 502, L. 2001; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 455, L. 2003; amd. Sec. 4, Ch. 426, L. 2007.