90-6-803. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Account" means the school facility and technology account provided for in 20-9-516.
(2) "Department" means the department of commerce established in 2-15-1801.
(3) "Emergency" means the imminent threat or actual occurrence of an event causing immediate peril to life, property, or the environment that can be averted or minimized with timely action.
(4) "Program" means the quality schools facility grant program established in 90-6-809.
(5) "Public school district" means a district as defined in 20-6-101 or a K-12 school district as defined in 20-6-701.
(6) "School" has the meaning provided for in 20-6-501.
(7) "School facility project" means a project to support a basic system of free quality public elementary and secondary schools under 20-9-309 that involves:
(a) construction of a school facility;
(b) major repairs or deferred maintenance to an existing school facility;
(c) major improvements or enhancements to an existing school facility; or
(d) information technology infrastructure, including installations, upgrades, or improvements to an existing school facility or facilities.
History: En. Sec. 3, Ch. 377, L. 2009.