15-24-202. Payment of tax -- interest and penalty -- display of tax-paid sticker. (1) (a) The owner of a mobile home, manufactured home, or housetrailer that is not taxed as an improvement, as improvements are defined in 15-1-101, shall pay the personal property tax in two payments, except as provided in 10-1-606 or 15-24-206.
(b) The first payment is due on or before May 31 or within 30 days from the date of the notice of taxes due, whichever is later.
(c) The second payment is due no later than November 30 of the year in which the property is assessed.
(d) If not paid on or before the date due, the tax is considered delinquent and subject to the penalty and interest provisions in 15-16-102 applicable to other delinquent property taxes. The penalty must be assessed and interest begins to accrue on the first day of delinquency.
(2) Upon request, the treasurer shall notify a lienholder if taxes on a mobile home, manufactured home, or housetrailer have not been paid.
(3) Taxes assessed against a mobile home or manufactured home after the second payment date must be prorated to reflect the remaining portion of the tax year. The prorated taxes must be added to the following year's tax roll and, except as provided in 15-24-206, are due with and must be collected with the first payment due in that year.
(4) The department shall issue tax-paid stickers to the county treasurers. A treasurer shall issue a tax-paid sticker to the owner of a mobile home, manufactured home, or housetrailer that is to be moved and on which all taxes, interest, and penalties have been paid in full unless the exceptions in 15-24-206(3), 15-24-209, or 15-24-212 apply. Prior to and while in the process of moving the mobile home, manufactured home, or housetrailer, the owner shall display the tax-paid sticker, which must be visible from the exterior of the mobile home, manufactured home, or housetrailer.
(5) A mobile home or manufactured home movement declaration of destination provided for in 15-24-206 may not be issued unless:
(a) the taxes have been paid in full to the county treasurer; or
(6) On the movement of a mobile home, manufactured home, or housetrailer in violation of this part, the county treasurer for the county where the mobile home, manufactured home, or housetrailer first comes to rest shall issue a written notice to the owner, showing the amount of delinquent taxes, special assessments, penalties, and interest due. In addition to the penalties provided in 15-16-102, 20% or $50, whichever is greater, must be added to the delinquent taxes as penalty for violation of this part. On receipt of the delinquent taxes, special assessments, penalties, and interest, the county treasurer shall forward all delinquent taxes, special assessments, penalties, and interest collected under 15-16-102 to the county treasurer for the county of origin. The county of destination shall retain the penalty.