33-1-803. Sanction because of medical communication prohibited. A health carrier or managed care organization may not take any of the following actions with regard to a health care provider because the provider made a medical communication to an enrollee or to the guardian or legal representative of the enrollee:
(1) terminate an agreement between the health carrier or managed care organization and the health care provider to provide health care services;
(2) reduce compensation to the provider;
(3) demote the provider in regard to relative seniority within the managed care organization;
(4) transfer the provider to other duties within the managed care organization;
(5) deny the provider admitting or other privileges; or
(6) take other action against the provider in retaliation for a medical communication made by the provider to an enrollee.