(1) "Assault on a partner or family member" has the meaning provided in 45-5-206 for partner or family member assault.
(2) "Chemical dependency treatment" means required counseling and treatment related to chemical dependency issues.
(4) "Investigative criminal justice report" means the investigative report prepared by a law enforcement agency associated with an offender's arrest for an assault on a partner or family member, excluding any confidential information relating to the victim's location and confidential information not related to the offense.
(5) "Offender" means a person convicted of an assault on a partner or family member.
(6) "Offender intervention program" means the combination of counseling and other services that is organized in a judicial district to provide a preliminary assessment for counseling and other services that are required for an offender.
(7) "Preliminary assessment for counseling" means the counseling assessment completed by a counselor to determine an offender's need for counseling, attendance at psychoeducational groups, and referrals for other treatment. This assessment must be completed either before or within 4 weeks after counseling and psychoeducational groups are started.
(8) "Psychoeducational group" means a group discussion, with instructional content themes, that encourages sharing and feedback, increases self-awareness, and is aimed at facilitating change in group members' daily lives.
(9) "Recreational intoxicant" means a substance, drug, or other chemical that was taken for the purpose of causing a person to be in a different emotional or psychological state and was not taken for a medically recognized therapeutic purpose.
(10) "Victim" means a person against whom the offender committed an assault.