To prepare for the 2003 Legislative Session and provide maximum opportunity for all parties to develop well-crafted and coordinated public retirement plan legislation, the State Administration and Veterans' Affairs Interim Committee (SAIC) is request that you submit to the SAIC for review your legislative proposals affecting any of the public employee retirement plans.
If you are interested in proposing legislative changes to any of the public employee retirement plans, please fill out the below form and return it by June 12, 2002.
The SAIC will hold a public hearing on July 26, 2002, on each proposal submitted. The SAIC's findings and recommendations related to estimated fiscal and policy implications of each proposal will be reported to the 58th Legislature. This process will expedite the bill drafting process, allow potential problems to be resolved prior to the session, and facilitate decision making during the 2003 Session.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Sheri Heffelfinger at (406) 444-3596 or at email@example.com
Thank you for your time, interest, and participation.
Note: We ask for this only in case we need to contact you for clarification of your proposal. None of the information you send will be used for any other purpose or given to any other persons or organizations.
* Indicates Required Information
* Proposer's Name/Title:
1. What is the problem or issue?:
2. What do you want the legislation to do?:
3. If possible, please list the MCA(Montana Code Annotated) sections that would need to be amended.:
4. Which retirement plan or plans would be covered be the legislation? (If the proposal is limited to certain plans, please indicate why).:
5. If the proposed change requires additional funding, what funding sources do you propose (e.g., an increase in employer contributions, employee contributions, or both)? :
6. Has similar legislation has been requested in the past, been introduced in another state, or provided as a model act? If so, please provide a citation, reference, or point of contact.:
7. If you are a hold over senator or a legislative candidate running unopposed, do you want the Legislative Services Division staff to consider this a bill draft request?: