The LJIC voted in August 2016 to forward 7 bills to the 2017 Legislature. All 7 of the bills were related to the SJ 24 study of sexual assault in Montana.
The status of the bills can be tracked in LAWS by using the House or Senate Bill number or the LC number during the 2017 session.
- Table of approved bill drafts
- SB 29 -- LC 272 - LClj01 -- Revision of consent definition; create aggravated SIWOC crime
- HB 129 -- LC 274 - LClj02b -- Unlawful distribution of sexual images or recordings (incorporated in 45-8-213, MCA)
- SB 26 -- LC 273 - LClj03 -- Revision of mandatory minimums for certain "statutory rape" crimes; 18-year-olds do not have to register as sex offenders in certain cases
- SB 30 -- LC 275 - LClj04 -- Revise statute of limitations for sex crimes perpetrated against victims under the age of 18
- SB 17 -- LC 276 - LClj05 -- Revise juvenile sex offender registry requirements
- SB 22 -- LC 277 - LClj06 -- Revise sexual assault laws and parental rights
- LC 303 - Revise incest laws draft language -- Draft cancelled after it missed deadline for bill preintroduction