Montana Code Annotated 1995

MCA ContentsSearchPart Contents

     50-51-201. License required. (1) Each year, every person engaged in the business of conducting or operating a hotel, motel, tourist home, boardinghouse, or roominghouse shall procure a license issued by the department.
     (2) A separate license is required for each establishment; however, when more than one of each type of establishment is operated on the same premises and under the same management, only one license is required that must enumerate on the certificate the types of establishments licensed.
     (3) Before a license may be issued by the department, it must be validated by the local health officer or, if there is no local health officer, the sanitarian, in the county where the establishment is located.

     History: En. Sec. 3, Ch. 18, L. 1967; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 485, L. 1973; R.C.M. 1947, 34-303(part); amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 200, L. 1979; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 730, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 9, Ch. 366, L. 1995.

Previous SectionHelpNext Section
Provided by Montana Legislative Services