Senate Rule S50-20. Orders of business. After prayer, roll call, and report on the journal, the order of business of the Senate is as follows:
(1) communications and petitions;
(2) reports of standing committees;
(3) reports of select committees;
(4) messages from the Governor;
(5) messages from the House of Representatives;
(7) first reading and commitment of bills;
(8) second reading of bills (Committee of the Whole);
(9) third reading of bills;
(10) unfinished business;
(11) special orders of the day; and
(12) announcement of committee meetings.
To revert to or pass to a new order of business requires only a majority vote. Unless otherwise specified in the motion to recess, the Senate shall revert to Order of Business No. 1 when reconvening after a recess.