85-7-1842. Petition for fixing of taxable area. The owner or holder of title or evidence of title, as defined by the irrigation district acts, may file in the district court of the county wherein said lands are situated a petition praying that the acreage of the lands set forth and described in such petition may be permanently fixed and adjudicated, which petition shall set forth:
(1) the name or names of the owner or owners, holder of title or evidence of title thereto, who shall be the party or parties plaintiff therein;
(2) the names and kind and character of interest of every person owning, holding, or claiming any right, title, or interest in or to the lands described in said petition, who shall, where they do not appear as parties plaintiff under subsection (1), sit as parties defendant;
(3) the name of the district in which said lands are included, together with the name of the board of commissioners thereof and the secretary thereof, and said district, its commissioners and secretary shall be made parties defendant therein;
(4) a statement of the substance of all proceedings, orders, and decrees creating said districts and fixing the acreage of the lands therein described, together with any proceedings of the board of commissioners of said district or its officers relating to the acreage thereof, to such extent as to fully inform the court of the manner and extent to which said lands have been included and taxed or assessed in said district;
(5) the actual acreage of the lands described as irrigable from the reclamation system of said district;
(6) the excess of acreage complained of;
(7) the amount of taxes previously paid on such excess acreage;
(8) a general statement of the exact nature of the relief sought and the grounds therefor.
History: En. Sec. 24, Ch. 146, L. 1909; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 145, L. 1915; re-en. Sec. 7191, R.C.M. 1921; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 54, L. 1923; re-en. Sec. 7191, R.C.M. 1935; R.C.M. 1947, 89-1405.