30-14-1301. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Administrator" means the person who is responsible for the administration of service contracts.
(2) "Department" means the department of justice provided for in 2-15-2001.
(3) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, incorporated or unincorporated association, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, joint-stock company, reciprocal insurer, syndicate, or any similar entity or combination of entities acting in concert.
(4) "Provider" means a person who is contractually obligated to the service contract holder under the terms of the service contract.
(5) "Reimbursement insurance policy" means a policy of insurance issued to a provider to either provide reimbursement to the provider under the terms of the insured service contracts issued or sold by the provider or, in the event of the provider's nonperformance, to pay on behalf of the provider all covered contractual obligations incurred by the provider under the terms of the insured service contracts issued or sold by the provider.
(6) "Service contract" has the meaning provided in 33-1-102(10)(b).
(7) "Service contract holder" or "contract holder" means the person who is the purchaser or holder of a service contract.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 162, L. 2007.