2017 Montana Legislature
Additional Bill Links PDF version
HOUSE BILL NO. 197
INTRODUCED BY T. JACOBSON
AN ACT REVISING THE NUMBER OF TERMS THAT A MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF REAL ESTATE APPRAISERS MAY SERVE; AMENDING SECTION 2-15-1758, MCA; AND PROVIDING AN IMMEDIATE EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Section 2-15-1758, MCA, is amended to read:
"2-15-1758. Board of real estate appraisers. (1) There is a board of real estate appraisers.
(2) The board consists of seven members appointed by the governor with the consent of the senate.
(3) Five members must be licensed or certified real estate appraisers for a minimum of 3 years, and two members must be representatives of the public who are not engaged in the occupation of real estate appraisal.
(4) A screening panel of the board, established pursuant to 37-1-307, must be composed of at least three members and shall include one member of the board who represents the public and is not engaged in the occupation of real estate appraisal. Any determination that a licensee has violated a statute or rule in a manner that justifies disciplinary proceedings must be concurred in by a majority of the members of the screening panel.
(5) Members shall serve staggered 3-year terms. A member may not serve for more than two three consecutive terms.
(6) The board is allocated to the department for administrative purposes only, as prescribed in 2-15-121.
(7) A board member may be removed from the board by the governor for neglect or cause.
(8) The board shall meet at least once each calendar quarter to transact its business.
(9) The board shall elect a presiding officer from among its members.
(10) A board member must receive compensation and travel expenses, as provided in 37-1-133."
Section 2. Effective date. [This act] is effective on passage and approval.
- END -
Version of HB 197 (HB0197.ENR)
Processed for the Web on February 2, 2017 (5:32pm)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted.
See the status of this bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill | 2017 Legislature | Leg. Branch
All versions of all bills (PDF format)
Authorized print version of this bill (PDF format)
[ NEW SEARCH ]
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services