2017 Montana Legislature
Additional Bill Links PDF version
HOUSE BILL NO. 586
INTRODUCED BY D. LENZ, V. RICCI
AN ACT APPROPRIATING GRANT FUNDS TO THE DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND CONSERVATION FOR THE CITY OF LAUREL WATER INTAKE PROJECT; PROVIDING CONDITIONS FOR THE GRANT; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Appropriation. (1) If a bonding bill is passed and approved that creates a state and local infrastructure account to be administered by the department of natural resources and conservation and provides for bonding proceeds to be deposited in that account that are dedicated for a grant to the city of Laurel for a water intake project pursuant to 85-1-602, the amount dedicated to the project is appropriated to the department from that account for that purpose in the biennium beginning July 1, 2017.
(2) This appropriation constitutes a valid obligation of these funds for purposes of encumbering funds during the biennium beginning July 1, 2017, pursuant to 17-7-302.
Section 2. Approval of grant. The legislature, pursuant to 85-1-605, approves the grants listed in [section 1].
Section 3. Condition of grants. Disbursement of funds under [sections 1 and 2] for the grant is subject to the following conditions that must be met by the project sponsor:
(1) approval of a scope of work and budget for the project by the department of natural resources and conservation;
(2) completion of conditions specified at the time of written notification of approved grant authority;
(3) execution of a grant agreement with the department; and
(4) accomplishment of other specific requirements considered necessary by the department to meet the purpose of the grant as evidenced from the application to the department or from the proposal to the legislature.
Section 4. Notification -- reversion of funds. If the grant sponsor listed in [section 1] determines that the project identified in [section 1] will not begin before June 30, 2019, the sponsor shall notify the department of natural resources and conservation. Any unencumbered funds for the project must revert to the general fund.
Section 5. Effective date. [This act] is effective July 1, 2017.
- END -
Version of HB 586 (HB0586.ENR)
Processed for the Web on April 27, 2017 (4:15pm)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted.
See the status of this bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill | 2017 Legislature | Leg. Branch
All versions of all bills (PDF format)
Authorized print version of this bill (PDF format)
[ NEW SEARCH ]
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services