2017 Montana Legislature
Additional Bill Links PDF version
SENATE BILL NO. 20
INTRODUCED BY N. SWANDAL
BY REQUEST OF THE SUPREME COURT
AN ACT ELIMINATING A LAW REQUIRING THE COURT ADMINISTRATOR TO PREPARE AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY REPORT; AND AMENDING SECTION 3-1-702, MCA.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Section 3-1-702, MCA, is amended to read:
"3-1-702. Duties. The court administrator is the administrative officer of the court. Under the direction of the supreme court, the court administrator shall:
(1) prepare and present judicial budget requests to the legislature, including the costs of the state-funded district court program;
(2) collect, compile, and report statistical and other data relating to the business transacted by the courts and provide the information to the legislature on request;
(3) report annually to the law and justice interim committee and at the beginning of each regular legislative session report to the house appropriations subcommittee that considers general government on the status of development and procurement of information technology within the judicial branch, including any changes in the judicial branch information technology strategic plan and any problems encountered in deploying appropriate information technology within the judicial branch. The court administrator shall, to the extent possible, provide that current and future information technology applications are coordinated and compatible with the standards and goals of the executive branch as expressed in the state strategic information technology plan provided for in 2-17-521.;
(4) recommend to the supreme court improvements in the judiciary;
(5) administer legal assistance for indigent victims of domestic violence, as provided in 3-2-714;
(6) administer state funding for district courts, as provided in chapter 5, part 9;
(7) administer and report on the child abuse court diversion pilot project provided in 41-3-305;
(8) administer the judicial branch personnel plan; and
(9) perform other duties that the supreme court may assign. (Subsection (7) terminates June 30, 2017--sec. 7, Ch. 376, L. 2015.)"
- END -
Version of SB 20 (SB0020.ENR)
Processed for the Web on March 24, 2017 (1:54pm)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted.
See the status of this bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill | 2017 Legislature | Leg. Branch
All versions of all bills (PDF format)
Authorized print version of this bill (PDF format)
[ NEW SEARCH ]
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services