2017 Montana Legislature
Additional Bill Links PDF (with line numbers)
SENATE BILL NO. 34
INTRODUCED BY B. HOVEN
BY REQUEST OF THE REVENUE AND TRANSPORTATION INTERIM COMMITTEE
A BILL FOR AN ACT ENTITLED: "AN ACT REVISING LAWS RELATED TO AN URBAN RENEWAL AGENCY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS; REQUIRING A BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS TO INCLUDE A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE SCHOOL DISTRICT AND A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COUNTY; AND AMENDING SECTION 7-15-4234, MCA."
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Section 7-15-4234, MCA, is amended to read:
"7-15-4234. Urban renewal agency to be administered by appointed board of commissioners. (1) If the urban renewal agency is authorized to transact business and exercise powers under this part, the mayor, by and with the advice and consent of the local governing body, shall appoint a board of commissioners of the urban renewal agency consisting of five commissioners.
(2) The initial membership shall consist of one commissioner appointed for 1 year, one for 2 years, one for 3 years, and two for 4 years. Each subsequent appointment must be for 4 years. A certificate of the appointment or reappointment of a commissioner must be filed with the clerk of the municipality, and the certificate is conclusive evidence of the proper appointment of the commissioner.
(3) Each commissioner shall hold office until a successor has been appointed and has qualified.
(4) A commissioner may not receive compensation for services but is entitled to the necessary expenses, including traveling expenses, incurred in the discharge of duties.
(5) Any persons may be Except as provided in subsection (6)(a)(ii), a person appointed as commissioners if they a commissioner must reside within the municipality.
(6) (a) The board of commissioners must include:
(i) one commissioner who represents a school district included in the boundaries of the local governing body; and
(ii) one commissioner who represents the county that includes the local governing body. The commissioner representing the county is not required to reside within the municipality.
(b) The mayor must appoint the commissioner provided for in subsection (6)(a)(i) from a list of three people submitted by the school board and must appoint the commissioner provided for in subsection (6)(a)(ii) from a list of three people submitted by the county commission.
(c) If a board of commissioners existing before [the effective date of this act] does not meet the requirements of subsection (6)(a) on [the effective date of this act], the mayor shall fill each vacancy with a commissioner that meets the requirements of subsection (6)(a) until the requirements of this subsection are met.
(6)(7) A commissioner may be removed for inefficiency, neglect of duty, or misconduct in office."
- END -
Latest Version of SB 34 (SB0034.01)
Processed for the Web on December 9, 2016 (4:35pm)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted.
See the status of this bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill | 2017 Legislature | Leg. Branch Home
All versions of all bills (PDF format)
Authorized print version of this bill w/line numbers (PDF format)
[ NEW SEARCH ]
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services