2019 Montana Legislature
Additional Bill Links PDF (with line numbers)
HOUSE BILL NO. 398
INTRODUCED BY G. PIERSON JR
A BILL FOR AN ACT ENTITLED: "AN ACT REQUESTING THE BOARD OF PUBLIC EDUCATION TO INCLUDE YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH AND SUICIDE AWARENESS AND PREVENTION TRAINING IN THE BOARD'S REQUIREMENTS FOR TEACHER CERTIFICATION; AND AMENDING SECTION 20-4-102, MCA."
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Section 20-4-102, MCA, is amended to read:
"20-4-102. Board of public education policies. To effect an orderly and uniform system of teacher and specialist certification, the board of public education shall, upon the recommendation of the superintendent of public instruction and in accordance with the provisions of this title, prescribe and adopt policies for the issuance of teacher or specialist certificates. Such policies shall provide for:
(1) reasonable training and experience requirements for teacher, specialist, supervisor, and administrative certificates and endorsements thereon as provided by the certification classification in 20-4-106. The legislature requests that these requirements include a minimum of 8 hours of youth mental health and suicide awareness and prevention training.;
(2) the renewal of teacher or specialist certificates based on the same conditions prescribed for the initial issuance of certificates;
(3) the conduct of hearings on teacher or specialist certification revocation, suspension, or denial;
(4) the issuance of emergency authorization to a district to employ a person who is not the holder of a valid teacher certificate as an instructor of pupils; and
(5) any other policy, not inconsistent with the law, which that is necessary for the proper operation of a system of teacher and specialist certification."
- END -
Latest Version of HB 398 (HB0398.01)
Processed for the Web on February 6, 2019 (5:49pm)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted.
See the status of this bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill | 2019 Legislature | Leg. Branch Home
All versions of this bill (PDF format)
Authorized print version of this bill w/line numbers (PDF format)
[ NEW SEARCH ]
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services