About Bill -- Links
HOUSE BILL NO. 300
INTRODUCED BY K. OHS
AN ACT CLARIFYING THE TIME LIMITS FOR A GOVERNING BODY TO TAKE ACTION ON A PRELIMINARY PLAT OR A MINOR SUBDIVISION; AMENDING SECTIONS 76-3-604 AND 76-3-609, MCA; AND PROVIDING AN IMMEDIATE EFFECTIVE DATE AND AN APPLICABILITY DATE.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Section 76-3-604, MCA, is amended to read:
"76-3-604. Review of preliminary plat. (1) The governing body or its designated agent or agency shall review the preliminary plat to determine whether it conforms to the local master plan if one has been adopted pursuant to chapter 1, to the provisions of this chapter, and to rules prescribed or adopted pursuant to this chapter.
(2) The governing body shall approve, conditionally approve, or reject the preliminary plat within 60 working days of its presentation unless the subdivider consents to an extension of the review period.
(3) If the governing body rejects or conditionally approves the preliminary plat, it shall forward one copy of the plat to
the subdivider accompanied by a letter over the appropriate signature stating the reason for rejection or enumerating the
which that must be met to assure ensure approval of the final plat."
Section 2. Section 76-3-609, MCA, is amended to read:
"76-3-609. Review procedure for minor subdivisions. Subdivisions containing five or fewer parcels in which proper
access to all lots is provided and in which
no there is not any land is to be dedicated to the public for parks or playgrounds
are to be reviewed as follows:
(1) The governing body shall approve, conditionally approve, or disapprove the first minor subdivision from a tract of record within 35 working days of the submission of the application.
(2) The governing body shall state in writing the conditions that must be met if the subdivision is conditionally approved or what local regulations would not be met by the subdivision if it disapproves the subdivision.
(3) The requirements for holding a public hearing and preparing an environmental assessment do not apply to the first minor subdivision created from a tract of record.
(4) Subsequent subdivisions from a tract of record must be reviewed under 76-3-505 and regulations adopted pursuant to that section."
Section 3. Effective date. [This act] is effective on passage and approval.
Section 4. Applicability. [This act] does not apply to subdivision proposals submitted to a governing body prior to [the effective date of this act].
- END -
Latest Version of HB 300 (HB0300.ENR)
Processed for the Web on March 31, 1999 (1:53PM)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted. See the status of the bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill | 1999 Session | Leg. Branch Home
This bill in WP 5.1 | All versions of all bills in WP 5.1
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services