About Bill -- Links
HOUSE BILL NO. 327
INTRODUCED BY M. BRAINARD
A BILL FOR AN ACT ENTITLED: "AN ACT CLARIFYING THAT SPECIMEN ANALYSIS CONDUCTED UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF THE MONTANA FORENSIC SCIENCE SYSTEM ACT BE PERFORMED FOR STATE AND LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS; PROVIDING THAT THE DIRECTOR OF THE LABORATORY OF CRIMINALISTICS ASSIST THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE IN HIRING LABORATORY PERSONNEL; AND AMENDING SECTIONS 44-3-102 AND 44-3-303, MCA."
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Section 44-3-102, MCA, is amended to read:
"44-3-102. Purpose. The purpose of this chapter is to authorize the attorney general to provide the personnel, facilities, and procedures to:
(1) determine the cause of certain types of deaths by
such investigation and examination as that are in the public
(2) analyze all specimens of evidence for criminal investigations conducted by state and local law enforcement officers; and
(3) provide reports, including oral testimony, concerning
such the investigation, examination, and analysis when in the
Section 2. Section 44-3-303, MCA, is amended to read:
"44-3-303. Duties of laboratory director. There is a director of the laboratory of criminalistics. The laboratory
(1) must be responsible for supervision and direction of the laboratory;
(2) shall assist the department in the
appointment hiring of laboratory personnel;
(3) shall render decisions as to the disposition of specimens; and
(4) shall perform all other duties required by the rules of the department."
- END -
Latest Version of HB 327 (HB0327.01)
Processed for the Web on January 19, 1999 (5:24PM)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted. See the status of this bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill| 1999 Session | Leg. Branch Home
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services