About Bill -- Links
SENATE BILL NO. 37
INTRODUCED BY KEENAN B
A BILL FOR AN ACT ENTITLED: "AN ACT REQUIRING MOTOR VEHICLE LIABILITY INSURANCE ON MOTORCYCLES; AND AMENDING SECTION 61-6-303, MCA."
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Section 61-6-303, MCA, is amended to read:
"61-6-303. Exempt vehicles. The following vehicles and their drivers are exempt from the provisions of 61-6-301:
(1) a vehicle owned by the United States government or any state or political subdivision;
(2) a vehicle for which cash, securities, or a bond has been deposited or filed with the department upon such terms and conditions providing the same benefits available under a required motor vehicle liability insurance policy;
(3) a vehicle owned by a self-insurer certified as provided in 61-6-143;
(4) an implement of husbandry or special mobile equipment that is only incidentally operated on a highway or property open to use by the public;
(5) a vehicle operated upon a highway only for the purpose of crossing such highway from one property to another;
(6) a commercial vehicle registered or proportionally registered in this and any other jurisdiction, provided that vehicle is covered by a motor vehicle liability insurance policy complying with the laws of another jurisdiction in which it is registered;
motorcycle or quadricycle;
(8) a vehicle moved solely by human or animal power;
(9) a vehicle owned by a nonresident if it is currently registered in the owner's resident jurisdiction and he is in compliance with the motor vehicle liability insurance requirements, if any, of that jurisdiction."
- END -
Latest Version of SB 37 (SB0037.01)
Processed for the Web on December 8, 1998 (1:31PM)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted. See the status of this bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill| 1999 Session | Leg. Branch Home
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services