About Bill -- Links
SENATE BILL NO. 321
INTRODUCED BY R. JABS
AN ACT REVISING THE DEFINITION OF "CONTAINER SITE"; AND AMENDING SECTION 75-10-103, MCA.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Section 75-10-103, MCA, is amended to read:
"75-10-103. Definitions. Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Board" means the board of environmental review provided for in 2-15-3502.
(2) "Container site" means a solid waste management facility that:
(a) is generally open to the public for the collection of solid waste that is generated by more than one household or firm and that is collected in a refuse container with a total capacity of not more than 50 cubic yards; or
(b) receives waste from waste collection vehicles and:
(i) is located in a fifth-, sixth-, or seventh-class county, as defined in 7-1-2111; (ii)(i) receives no more than 3,000 tons of waste each year; (iii)(ii) has control measures in place, including onsite staffing, to adequately contain solid wastes and blowing litter on
the site and to minimize spills and leakage of liquid wastes; and (iv)(iii) is a site at which a local government unit requires commercial waste haulers to deposit wastes at the site only
during hours that the site is staffed.
(3) "Department" means the department of environmental quality provided for in 2-15-3501.
(4) "Front-end implementation funds" means the money granted to local governments for purchase of capital equipment to be used for a solid waste management system.
(5) "Front-end organizational funds" means the money to be loaned to local governments for initial operating capital, site evaluation and negotiation, final design engineering and cost estimates, construction contract documents, final contract negotiations with energy users, material markets, and waste suppliers, contract negotiations with private operational managers, and financial and legal consultations.
(6) "Front-end planning funds" means the money granted to local governments for contract negotiations between local governments, predesign engineering and cost estimates, administrative costs, preliminary contract negotiations with energy users and waste suppliers, financial feasibility analysis by a financial consultant, legal consultations, opinions, and review of contracts.
(7) "Local government" means a county, incorporated city or town, or refuse disposal district organized under the laws of this state.
(8) "Person" means any individual, firm, partnership, company, association, corporation, city, town, or local
, or any other state, federal, or private entity, whether organized for profit or not.
(9) "Resource recovery facility" means any facility at which solid waste is processed for the purpose of extracting, converting to energy, or otherwise separating and preparing solid waste for reuse.
(10) (a) "Solid waste" means all putrescible and nonputrescible wastes, including but not limited to garbage, rubbish, refuse, ashes, sludge from sewage treatment plants, water supply treatment plants, or air pollution control facilities; construction and demolition wastes; dead animals, including offal; discarded home and industrial appliances; and wood products or wood byproducts and inert materials.
(b) Solid waste does not mean municipal sewage, industrial wastewater effluents, mining wastes regulated under the
mining and reclamation laws administered by the department
of environmental quality, slash and forest debris regulated
under laws administered by the department of natural resources and conservation, or marketable byproducts.
(11) "Solid waste management system" means any system that controls the storage, treatment, recycling, recovery, or disposal of solid waste. For the purposes of this definition, a container site is not a component of a solid waste management system.
(12) "State solid waste plan" means the statewide plan formulated by the department as authorized by this part."
Section 2. Saving clause. [This act] does not affect rights and duties that matured, penalties that were incurred, or proceedings that were begun before [the effective date of this act].
- END -
Latest Version of SB 321 (SB0321.ENR)
Processed for the Web on April 1, 1999 (10:18AM)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted. See the status of the bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill | 1999 Session | Leg. Branch Home
This bill in WP 5.1 | All versions of all bills in WP 5.1
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services