About Bill -- Links
SENATE BILL NO. 427
INTRODUCED BY M. SPRAGUE
A BILL FOR AN ACT ENTITLED: "AN ACT ESTABLISHING BY RULE A MINIMUM OCTANE CONTENT STANDARD OF 87 FOR GASOLINE SOLD IN MONTANA AS "UNLEADED" OR "REGULAR UNLEADED"; AND AMENDING SECTIONS 82-15-103 AND 82-15-110, MCA."
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
Section 1. Section 82-15-103, MCA, is amended to read:
"82-15-103. Standards for petroleum products. (1) The standards,
and specifications, and official tests for petroleum
products, including but not limited to gasoline, fuel oils, diesel fuel, kerosene, and liquefied petroleum gases, shall must be
determined and established in rule by the department and shall must be based upon nationally recognized standards and
specifications such as that are published from time to time by the American society for testing materials. When so
determined by the department and adopted as rules, such standards and specifications are the standards and specifications
for such products sold in this state and official tests of such products shall be based upon them.
(2) The department may not adopt in rule a minimum octane content standard for gasoline labeled "unleaded" or "regular unleaded" that is less than 87."
Section 2. Section 82-15-110, MCA, is amended to read:
"82-15-110. Unlawful acts. It is unlawful to:
(1) use any meter or mechanical device for the measurement of gasoline or liquid fuels unless the same has been approved by the department and sealed as correct;
(2) change or in any way tamper with the department's seal without written consent from the department;
(3) make hose delivery from petroleum vehicle tanks unless the tanks have been calibrated by the department under 82-15-108;
(4) sell or deliver liquefied petroleum to a consumer as a liquid or vapor except as provided by 82-15-109;
(5) sell or offer for sale or deliver liquefied petroleum to a consumer as a liquid or vapor the measurement of which has not been temperature corrected to 60 degrees F by means of an automatic compensating device which has been approved, calibrated, and sealed by the department, unless otherwise provided by the department;
(6) sell, offer, or expose for sale any petroleum product for which standards or minimum specifications have been set by the department unless the commodities in all respects meet the tests and standards prescribed;
(7) sell, offer, or expose for sale any petroleum product which is adulterated, mislabeled, or misrepresented with respect to the use for which it is reasonably intended.
(8) sell, offer, or expose for sale gasoline labeled "unleaded" or "regular unleaded" that has an octane level that is less than 87."
- END -
Latest Version of SB 427 (SB0427.01)
Processed for the Web on February 10, 1999 (4:33PM)
New language in a bill appears underlined, deleted material appears stricken.
Sponsor names are handwritten on introduced bills, hence do not appear on the bill until it is reprinted. See the status of the bill for the bill's primary sponsor.
Status of this Bill | 1999 Session | Leg. Branch Home
This bill in WP 5.1 | All versions of all bills in WP 5.1
Prepared by Montana Legislative Services