13-16-101. County governing body as county recount board. (1) The county recount board must consist of three members.
(2) Three members of the governing body must be appointed by the presiding officer if there are more than three members of the governing body.
(3) If three members of the governing body cannot attend when the board meets, any vacant position must be filled by one or more county officers chosen by the remaining members of the governing body.
(4) If a member of the recount board is a candidate for an office or nomination for which votes are to be recounted, the member must be disqualified.
(5) The election administrator is secretary of the recount board, and the board may hire any additional clerks as needed.
(6) The board may appoint county employees or hire clerks to assist as needed.
(7) If the recount is for a school election, the school recount board as provided in 20-20-420 shall perform recount board duties.
History: En. Sec. 203, Ch. 368, L. 1969; R.C.M. 1947, 23-4114; amd. Sec. 170, Ch. 571, L. 1979; amd. Sec. 63, Ch. 56, L. 2009; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 347, L. 2013.