13-35-202. Conduct of election officials and election judges. An election officer or judge of an election may not:
(1) deposit in a ballot box a paper ballot that is not marked as official;
(2) examine an elector's ballot before putting the ballot in the ballot box;
(3) look at any mark made by the elector upon the ballot;
(4) make or place any mark or device on any ballot with the intent to ascertain how the elector has voted;
(5) allow any individual other than the elector to be present at the marking of the ballot except as provided in 13-13-118 and 13-13-119; or
(6) make a false statement in a certificate regarding affirmation.
History: En. 23-47-110 by Sec. 10, Ch. 334, L. 1977; R.C.M. 1947, 23-47-110; amd. Sec. 217, Ch. 571, L. 1979; amd. Sec. 83, Ch. 414, L. 2003.