2-15-1515. Commission on federal higher education programs. (1) There is a commission on federal higher education programs that may be called into existence by the board of regents of higher education from time to time as the need arises. Whenever the commission is called into existence, the board shall request that the governor appoint members pursuant to subsection (2)(b).
(2) The commission consists of:
(a) ex officio, the appointed members of the board of regents of higher education; and
(b) a representative of each accredited private college or university in this state appointed by the governor from the board of trustees of each private college or university upon the request of the board of regents of higher education.
(3) The commission members appointed pursuant to subsection (2)(b) shall serve for the period of existence of the commission. However, the period of service may not exceed 4 years and is contingent upon continued status as a trustee. If a vacancy occurs in a position held by an individual appointed pursuant to subsection (2)(b), the governor shall appoint a replacement.
(4) The presiding officer of the board of regents of higher education is the presiding officer of the commission.
(5) The commissioner of higher education is the administrative officer of the commission.
(6) The commission is allocated to the board of regents of higher education for administrative purposes only as provided in 2-15-121.
(7) The commission members are entitled to compensation as provided in 2-15-124(7).
(8) The board of regents of higher education may terminate the commission from time to time when there is no need for its existence.
History: En. 82A-512 by Sec. 3, Ch. 220, L. 1974; R.C.M. 1947, 82A-512; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 21, L. 1985; amd. Sec. 83, Ch. 61, L. 2007.