2-15-1525. Seed laboratory advisory board -- duties. (1) There is a seed laboratory advisory board.
(2) (a) The board consists of:
(i) five members appointed by the director of the agricultural experiment station provided for in 20-25-222; and
(ii) the director of the agricultural experiment station, serving in an ex officio, nonvoting capacity.
(b) The five members appointed by the director of the agricultural experiment station must be selected as follows:
(i) three representatives from seed industry-related organizations;
(ii) a representative of the department of agriculture; and
(iii) a representative of the agricultural experiment station.
(c) The members appointed as representatives of seed industry-related organizations may not represent the same organization.
(3) The board shall advise the director of the agricultural experiment station on matters related to the Montana seed laboratory provided for in 20-25-229, including but not limited to:
(a) rates to be charged for seed analysis;
(b) staffing levels;
(c) budget matters; and
(d) operational procedures for the laboratory.
(4) The board shall meet at least annually and may meet more frequently as needed.
(5) Board members may request reimbursement for travel expenses as provided for in 2-18-501 through 2-18-503. The ex officio member is not entitled to travel expenses.
(6) The board is attached to the agricultural experiment station for administrative purposes. The agricultural experiment station shall establish operating procedures for the board that are consistent with the provisions of this section.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 300, L. 2011.