2-15-1748. Board of physical therapy examiners. (1) There is a board of physical therapy examiners.
(2) The board consists of five members appointed by the governor with the consent of the senate for terms of 3 years. The members are:
(a) four physical therapists licensed under Title 37, chapter 11, who have been actively engaged in the practice of physical therapy for the 3 years preceding appointment to the board; and
(b) one member of the general public who is not a physician or a physical therapist.
(3) Each member must have been a resident of Montana for the 3 years preceding appointment to the board.
(4) A vacancy on the board must be filled in the same manner as the original appointment. These appointments may be made only for the unexpired portions of the term.
(5) A member may not be appointed for more than two consecutive terms.
(6) The governor may remove any board member for negligence in performance of any duty required by law and for incompetence or unprofessional or dishonorable conduct.
(7) A board member is not liable to civil action for any act performed in good faith in the execution of the duties required by Title 37, chapter 11.
(8) The board shall provide for its organizational structure by rule, which must include a presiding officer, vice presiding officer, and secretary-treasurer.
(9) The board is allocated to the department for administrative purposes only as prescribed in 2-15-121.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 491, L. 1979; amd. Sec. 8, Ch. 244, L. 1981; amd. Sec. 18, Ch. 247, L. 1981; MCA 1979, 2-15-1628; redes. 2-15-1858 by Sec. 4, Ch. 274, L. 1981; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 55, L. 1987; amd. Sec. 4, Ch. 83, L. 1989; Sec. 2-15-1858, MCA 1999; redes. 2-15-1748 by Sec. 221(2), Ch. 483, L. 2001; amd. Sec. 88, Ch. 61, L. 2007; amd. Sec. 6, Ch. 109, L. 2009.