2-15-1753. Board of clinical laboratory science practitioners. (1) There is a board of clinical laboratory science practitioners.
(2) The board is composed of five members who have been residents of this state for at least 2 years prior to appointment.
(3) Members are appointed by the governor, with consent of the senate. The members are:
(a) four clinical laboratory science practitioners who hold active licenses as clinical laboratory science practitioners in Montana; and
(b) one public member who is not associated with or financially interested in the practice of clinical laboratory science.
(4) Members shall serve staggered 4-year terms. A member may not serve more than two consecutive terms.
(5) Whenever a vacancy occurs on the board during a term of office, the governor shall appoint a successor with similar qualifications for the remainder of the unexpired term.
(6) The board is allocated to the department for administrative purposes only, as provided in 2-15-121.
(7) Members of the board are entitled to compensation and travel expenses as provided for in 2-18-501 through 2-18-503.
History: En. Sec. 6, Ch. 345, L. 1993; Sec. 2-15-1863, MCA 1999; redes. 2-15-1753 by Sec. 221(2), Ch. 483, L. 2001; amd. Sec. 5, Ch. 11, L. 2007; amd. Sec. 8, Ch. 109, L. 2009.